Jump to conclusions ? Always been done that way ? Firefighting approach ?
Decisions and actions made from poor assumptions cost your business big money
Whereas investment in training can lead to a 14% increase in productivity*
This costly waste can be eliminated by being better at thinking, creating and solving.
We raise the performance of your business, by improving the skills of your people.
We call this Optimisation Training
In our Workshops for Optimisation, we introduce the method of how to solve complex problems.
And put this into practice by analysing and completing a skilled creative task.
We sharpen the delegates thinking skills, enable their creativity and make them better at doing.
Designed for the full spectrum of the workforce from shop floor to boardroom. Encouraging team interaction and skill development at all levels.
Our training is fuelled by over 40 years experience of engineering and logistics.
*CIPD - Aligning Business and Learning report
Critical thinking is the ability to think reasonably, detaching yourself from personal bias, emotional responses, and subjective opinions. It's value is for;
- Diagnosing key issues
- Identifying and communicating the value in information
- Forming reasoned and unbiased arguments
- Making more effective decisions
Lateral thinking is solving problems through an indirect and creative approach, using reasoning that is not immediately obvious and involving ideas that may not be obtainable by using only traditional step-by-step logic. It's value is for;
- The systematic use of curiosity and imagination
- Identifying and evaluating unconventional ideas
- Embracing uncertainty to support change
- Using creativity as a source of innovation
It is on one hand the least glamorous of the optimisation skills, but it is where the action comes to the front. This is combining analysis, perception and observation (critical skills) with new different ideas and innovation (lateral thinking) to a plan of action to complete a task, objective or project. It is of value for
- Identifying the most appropriate method to solve a problem
- Developing a structured process to solve.
- Using robust controls and measures to achieve objectives
- Practical and interactive team learning.
L O C A T I O N
We are centrally based in Northamptonshire and operate UK wide. We offer both on-site and off-site solutions for your workshops for optimisation. The workshops are a full day from 8:30am till 5pm.